Thursday, October 16, 2008

iPod is alive and well


I found my iPod after being lost for more than six months!!!!! I was in the kitchen and I saw it sitting on the counter in plain site! I ran to mom with it. She said "Is that your iPod, I found it in the dryer clanking around." That's when I got scared. "In the dryer?!" I couldn't believe it. The only thing I could figure was that is was in my coat pocket that went through the wash and ended up it the dryer. I was worried that this would be a bittersweet reunion with my long lost iPod Nano. I immediately through the iPod into a can of rice for the first attempt at salvaging it. At about eleven o'clock that night, I just couldn't wait to try out the iPod. So I brought it to my laptop and, hesitantly plugged it in. The apple logo popped up on the screen of the iPod, I was ecstatic! iTunes recognized it and began syncing music to it! Joy filled my soul as I watched the progress bar go forward. Suddenly without warning, the dreaded "dindun" sound of a USB peripheral being disconnected from the computer sounded, and iTunes couldn't find the iPod. The iPod had the Apple Logo on its screen and just sat there. I let it sit, finally, I tried holding down the center and the menu buttons at the same time to attempt to reset the iPod. Thats when the screen went blank. I unplugged it, plugged it back in, tried switching USB port, nothing. I witness what I thought was the last dying breaths of my iPod as the screen slowly faded away. Crestfallen, I took the iPod back upstairs and put it in the can of rice. The next morning, I thought I would give it one more try. IT WORKS!!! At the time of writing this blog, I am listening to the very iPod that went through the wash, part of the dryer, and died at first attempt of resuscitation. What a great way to start off the fall break!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

OH.MY.GOSH! You need to send that story straight to MAC! Or at least a news station! Funny stuff, bro!

Starchild28 said...

hey stephen! guess who this is? Its marilee! I checked out your blog and it looks pretty good :D so my blog is at http://starchildgalaxy28.blogspot.com/ and laura's blog is at http://lars15.blogspot.com/ so go check them out please!

Panda Girl said...

Hey! This is Laura's friend... the one that shares a locker with her? If you remember me. Haha.

Umm, why did you put your ipod in a can of rice? Just wondering. My ipod has been having a lot of problems lately too... and I don't really know why :P.

And, you should put up some pictures from the Halloween Dance soon!! Laura's been waiting for them!! :)